Ingredients: (for 8 buns)
- 220 g spelt flour
- 1 crushed ripe banana
- 100 ml agave syrup
- 4 peeled and pitted medjool dates
- 150 ml chocolate oat drink
- 100 ml coconut oil or mild oil
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g chocolate 100% chopped cacao
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2.Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cacao powder in a bowl and set to one side.
- 3.Beat the oatmeal drink and chocolate with the dates.
- 4.Mix the crushed banana, oil, agave syrup, vanilla extract and plant-based drink in another larger bowl.
- 5.Gradually add the flour mixture until there are no lumps left.
- 6.Spread over the muffin moulds and scatter the chocolate pieces on top.
- 7.Bake for about 25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick that comes out dry.